Here are five signs it may be time to review your estate plan:
- If you are older and you do not have a revocable living trust.
- If you have a revocable living trust, but your assets are not in it.
- If you have assets titled jointly with a sibling or children because you are trying to avoid probate or give them access to your assets in the event you become disabled.
- If you have named young children as the beneficiaries on your retirement account or life insurance.
- If you have large life insurance policies and they are owned directly by you as opposed to an irrevocable trust.
Watch Ruttenberg on ABC 7 above or click here.